Restonic started in 1938 and since then has grown to one of the larger mattress brands out there. They make mattresses from high to mid end and even some lower priced basic models. This particular mattress is part of the ComfortCare Signature Hybrid Line.
Restonic has a brand of excellence using quality materials and latest technology. This is proven through the many awards they have received in the mattress industry. Including the Consumer Digest Awards and the Women’s Choice Award for the last seven years.
Delivery & Unboxing
- This mattress will be delivered by the local store you purchase from. Each location will have their own team to set this process up.
- This mattress is made in the USA and not roll packed and put in a box, which generally is where most off gassing would come from. Because it does not come in a box there is little to no off gassing.
Comfort & Support
- This mattress is very supportive yet soft. It really is a good mattress for any sleeping position. Which is very beneficial when having two people in a bed who prefer different sleep positions and also for people who are different sizes.
- It could work well for a back sleeper and provides good lumbar support, especially with the marvelous middle pocketed coil system which has a stronger gauge steel coil system in the center third of the mattress that focuses on the lumbar area. It also contours to your shoulders and neck which is a great thing for circulation.
- This mattress is also great for a side sleeper because it does have enough softness with the latex foam on top of the coil system to allows for your shoulder and hip to sink in. Surprisingly this mattress would also be great for a stomach sleeper as well. The coil system provides and solid sleep surface that doesn’t allow your back to bow into the mattress and provides ideal support.
- We really like the feel of this mattress and we think that no matter the size of person sleeping on it or the position you prefer to sleep in the mattress will perform very well to a broad group of people.
- Latex is naturally aerated with breathable holes that don’t trap in the heat like some other foams. This helps the bed stay cooler for that sleeper who tends to sleep warm. Also it has a pocketed coil set underneath the top layers of foam that provides added heat dissipation to keep you cooler throughout the night.
- This bed has a layer of latex on the top that has a natural buoyancy to it, it also has a coil system that gives a little more vibration too. The motion transfer is minimal, but may be more then other all foam beds.
- This mattress has a thick 3″ foam encasement that runs around edge of the bed that provides optimal support from edge to edge and really creates a better sleep surface. We find this to be an advantage, especially when sleeping on a queen mattress, so you can really utilize the whole sleeping surface.
Materials & Construction
- This mattress is a 10″ thick mattress with a 858 pocketed posturized center coil system. There is 1″ of synthetic latex on the top with 1″ soft foam below that and a 1.5″ layer of motion reducing foam under that.
Top Layer – 1” Synthetic Latex Open-cell foam layer
- Resilient; good bounce that returns to original form.
- Gives a softer feel without sinking in due to elasticity.
- Provides decent breathability which helps reduce overheating.
- For us the durability and resilience of latex is a pro, but some people may prefer a different foam that doesn’t have as much bounce.
- Helps the mattress conform to the sleepers body.
- Help relieve pressure points to reduce tossing and turning.
- Makes it more comfortable for side sleeping.
- Three zoned individual encased coils provide a great core and sturdy support throughout the mattress.
- Middle zone is heavier gauge steel coils to provide even better lumbar support and extend the life of the bed.
- When looking for a mattress that has coils we strongly recommend that for a queen size the mattress has a minimum of 800 coils, which this exceeds that minimum.
- Having a coil system will potentially have more movement in the mattress, which means you may have a little more motion transfer in the mattress compared to an all foam bed.